A 600-acre sanctuary of wilderness and isolation in Canyon Point, Southern Utah
Ultimate personalisation of bespoke adventures and cultural activities
A 2’322 square meter (25’000 square feet) Aman Spa with water pavilion, sauna, steam room, cold plunge and outdoor private pavilions
The unique story of how Amangiri came to be is a true testimonial to its owners’ perseverance and passion for creating something very special in the Utah high desert. The resort is situated on approximately 600 acres of spectacular land that was originally federally protected parklands. The Owners embarked on a complicated land-swap which required Congressional approval and signature of the President of the United States and, perhaps for the first time ever, a private resort was built on what was originally federally protected parklands.
MAIN STRENGTHS, SPECIAL TOUCH
Designed to weather like the surrounding natural stone, the resort is built around the main swimming pool which embraces a natural 160-million-year-old rock escarpment.
Amangiri (peaceful mountain) is located on 600 acres in Canyon Point, Southern Utah. The resort is tucked into a protected valley with sweeping views towards the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. Built around a central swimming pool with spectacular views, the resort blends into its dramatic surrounds of deep canyons and towering plateaus. Amangiri’s Aman Spa features a floatation therapy pavilion, a water pavilion with sauna, steam room, cold plunge pool and step pool, a fitness centre and a yoga pavilion.
KEY SITES/ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
The striking desert landscape around Amangiri offers a host of outdoor activities such as:
– Lake Powell, provides access to some of the most amazing scenery on the Colorado Plateau.
– Hiking & Via Ferrata: a number of on-site hiking trails start from the resort, leading to picturesque viewpoints and other sites of interest.
– Horse Riding: experiencing the pristine desert tundra on horse is an iconic American Southwest adventure.
– Colorado River: the peaceful stretch of river is perfect for scenic float trips.
– Air Tours: either by helicopter or in a fixed wing aircraft, experience a unique vantage point from which to view magnificent landscapes.
– Slot Canyons: sculpted over millions of years by wind and water, slot canyons represent one of region’s most unique sandstone formations with their curving, multi-coloured walls.